Choose the Best Waterproof Mascara Remover
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Waterproof Mascara Removers
32 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
A waterproof mascara remover is a type of makeup remover specifically designed to be used for removing water-resistant products, especially waterproof mascaras. It works by breaking down the structure of the product so that you can easily wipe it away without rubbing your eyes or damaging them in any way.
Benefits of waterproof mascara removers:
- The mascara removers make it easy to remove the makeup with only one product;
- It is safe for eyes and eyelashes. The ingredients are gentle enough not to irritate sensitive skin or cause breakouts;
- There are products that also nourish lashes at the same time they cleanse, making them ideal even for use on a daily basis without causing damage to your natural lashes over time;
Is your mascara not coming off? You’re not alone. Users all over the world are constantly searching for new ways to remove that stubborn waterproof makeup, and there are some great solutions out there. There are plenty of products available to break down that old-school mascara, but the question is which one is best for you? That’s where this guide comes in!
Neutrogena Oil-Free Liquid Eye Makeup Remover – the Editor’s choice!
Plus, it doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue and is alcohol-free so it won’t dry out your eyes! This formula contains soothing cucumber extract and aloe extract that will soothe your tired eyes after a long day of wearing heavy mascara or eyeliner.
The ophthalmologist-tested and dermatologist-developed product has been carefully designed to be safe and gentle on sensitive skin and has been tested for safety by allergy specialists — making it the perfect eye makeup remover for all ages!
No more tugging or pulling at the delicate skin around the eye area to remove makeup either thanks to its gentle formula that contains soothing aloe, cucumber extracts, and dual-phase oil-free liquid!
Solimo Eye Makeup Remover – the best price!
Plus, it’s all made in the U.S.A with the U.S and foreign components, giving you a boost of American pride every time you wash your face!
Solimo offers the Satisfaction Guarantee so Amazon always stands behind this amazing product, if not return it for a full refund with absolutely no quibbles!
Budget-friendly Solimo Eye Makeup Remover is dermatologist-tested, so it won’t tug, pull or leave any residue on your delicate skin – even waterproof mascara!
Cetaphil Gentle Waterproof Makeup Remover – the best for bottle volume!
Designed to effectively remove waterproof mascara from delicate eye areas, this 6-ounce product is gentle enough for the most sensitive of skins and formulated to clean even those with greasier complexions, all while leaving a fresh fragrance on the face so you feel more confident about what you wear on days after cleansing.
The best-selling waterproof makeup remover by Cetaphil is now improved with a gentle formulation that doesn’t irritate sensitive skin or eyes and is great for all ages.
Maybelline Expert Eye Makeup Remover – the best for moisturizing eyes!
Do you need to whip out that flawless look for date night? No problem! Keep one product handy at work for those days when you’re running late because not only will it leave no residue on your skin, but its fragrance-free formula will be kinder to the allergies that usually flare up around this time of year.
Gently remove your mascara, waterproof or not with this gentle formula of Maybelline’s Excellent Eye Makeup Remover. No fragrance is added for sensitive eyes. Known as the one you can trust to do the job right!
La Roche-Posay Respectissime Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover – the best for ease of use!
Eliminate all traces of mascara, eyeliner, eyebrow pencils – even cream or powder eyeshadows with this gentle but effective product. Fragrance-free so not only does it care for sensitive eyes – but it also doubles as a non-irritating setting spray to set your lipstick in place!
The La Roche-Posay Respectissime remover is clinically tested by ophthalmologists with its bi-phase formula. It is easy to apply and the product instantly removes even waterproof makeup without rubbing or irritating it! It’s fragrance-free with paraben-free ingredients.
The Buyer’s Guide
- Oily skin. If you have oily skin, go with a waterproof mascara remover oil. There are many on the market and they all work effectively without leaving behind any residue or moisture that can lead to breakouts;
- Dry skin. If your dry type of skin is more prone to clogged pores and tightness after cleansing, opt for an alcohol-based product instead as it will cleanse gently but thoroughly. As always though, be sure not to overdo it by using too much or rubbing hard because then you might actually irritate your skin even further! So just use moist cotton pads (it’s best if they contain aloe vera) and swipe them lightly closed eyes until every last bit of mascara is removed;
- Sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, congratulations! Waterproof makeup removers are usually the gentlest as they contain only natural ingredients such as oils and aloe vera. Also, because there’s no need for rubbing or scrubbing hard to take off waterproof products these types of cleansers will not cause any discomfort to your delicate facial features either;
Ease of application
One of the best waterproof mascara removers should be easy to apply. The last thing you want when removing your makeup is a struggle with the product. Simple and straightforward instructions for use are important, but the ease of application also covers how long it takes to remove your eye makeup and if there are any negative effects on lashes or skin after using it (like dryness).
Formula and Removal
The main ingredients in most eye makeup removers include:
- some type of alcohol (such as ethyl or methyl);
- water-soluble oils;
- petroleum derivatives and fragrances;
Most commercial brands contain certain chemicals that can irritate eyes or clog pores; however, gentle natural alternatives exist.
A good rule of thumb when purchasing a new product is checking ingredient lists on labels before buying. Those that consist mainly of oil will be easier to remove than those with lots of alcohol.
What type of formula should you look for? The best waterproof mascara remover products usually contain ingredients like oil and wax. These types of formulas dissolve the proteins in your makeup and break them down, allowing water to wash away everything. They do not require harsh rubbing or scrubbing that can cause damage to delicate eye skin – all it takes is a few gentle swipes with cotton balls or pads soaked in warm water until all the product comes off (and clean up any smudges on your face while you’re at it).
If you don’t want to go through this process every night, opt instead for an easy-to-remove regular mascara without long-wear benefits. Regular mascara will still lengthen lashes just as well as a waterproof version.
Oil-free formulas also work well, but they don’t have the same level of efficacy as those containing oil. This is because water-resistant makeup contains a high amount of silicone to keep it from running or smudging – silicone doesn’t dissolve in water by itself, so you need an oily substance like jojoba oil to break down and remove these stubborn mascaras.
Oil will not only help loosen up your mascara for removal; it also allows the formula to glide onto lashes more smoothly. Regular removers often leave them feeling dry and brittle after washing off all that product buildup (and taking out some lashes along with it). Natural oils are emollients that soften skin while keeping eyes hydrated without clogging pores. By contrast, traditional removers contain alcohol, which can irritate sensitive eyes and dry out lashes even more.
What type of makeup remover is best? You should use a gentle formula that does not contain any harsh ingredients like alcohol or acetone – both of these will leave your skin feeling extremely dehydrated after washing off the product. Instead, look for something oil-based (like jojoba oil) to break down heavy waterproof mascaras while preserving moisture levels in your skin. Aloe vera juice also works well because it has natural cleansing properties without causing irritation, but keep in mind that its pH value is slightly acidic so you might want to avoid using them with contact lenses if you wear contacts yourself.
A few popular brands to consider:
- La Roche-Posay;
How to Remove Waterproof Mascara (Without Irritating Your Eyes):
- Apply regular mascara first and let it dry. This will help prevent smudging as you remove the waterproof mascara;
- Choose an oil-based remover to help break down the waterproof formula. Take a cotton ball or pad and saturate it with your oil-based remover of choice. This is going to remove all that stubborn mascara! Carefully wipe away from the lash line as you work on one eye at a time for safety reasons. Use gentle pressure along the lashes but don’t rub harshly as this can irritate your eyes further. If there are any clumps left over, use an eyelash comb after applying the second coat of regular mascara to separate them out even more before wiping everything off completely;
- Cleanse your skin and move on to the next eye. Pour a generous amount of remover into an empty bowl and let it sit for about 15 minutes before using it again. This will help dissolve any stubborn mascara that’s still hanging around in your container, making future cleanups easier;
- Show your lashes some TLC (tender loving care) for a few days after removing the mascara by using an eyelash serum-containing nourishing ingredients that are safe for contact lenses. This will help your lashes recover from any irritation caused by clumping or smudging;
If your eyes are still red after removing the mascara, it means that you have an allergy or sensitivity. Wash your face with cold water and cleanse thoroughly before applying a soothing product like aloe vera gel (with no added fragrances) for immediate relief. If symptoms persist, contact your doctor as soon as possible!
Things to Avoid while Removing Waterproof Mascara:
- Take your time when removing the waterproof mascara. The longer you leave it on, the harder it will be to remove it;
- Warm water is most effective for breaking down eyeliner sealant in addition to using a remover product that softens up makeup. It is best not to tug at lashes or rub them with your fingers as this may hurt sensitive lash roots that can lead to damage if done too harshly;
- Patting gently works better than rubbing motions during the removal of eye makeup products including mascara, liquid liner, and shadow pigment;
- To avoid damaging lashes use gentle cotton swabs instead of hands while cleansing lids thoroughly over eyes under running warm water before applying any type of cleanser – preferably oil-free soaps – to the eyelids.
- Do not rub your eyes harshly after removing mascara, but instead gently pat them dry with a soft towel or tissue to avoid rubbing your lashes too much and causing lash damage over time. It is best to remove the final traces of water from your eyes with a clean tissue, and never rub them;
- If you have sensitive skin around the eye area it is recommended that you avoid using oil-based removers as they may cause breakouts over time due to clogged pores on lashes or lids near eyelashes if not removed properly causing infection in some cases;
- For those who wear contacts especially, remember never to rub eyes without first removing contact lenses as doing so could scratch up your corneas;
- If you feel like your lashes are becoming frizzy or damaged after removing the mascara, use a lash conditioner to help restore moisture;
Comparison of Indicators for Choosing Waterproof Mascara Remover
When selecting a waterproof mascara remover, it’s important to consider various indicators that can help you make an informed decision. This table compares different factors to consider when choosing a waterproof mascara remover, including effectiveness, ingredients, skin sensitivity, and ease of use.
|How well the remover removes waterproof mascara without excessive rubbing or multiple applications.
|The composition of the mascara remover, ensuring it is safe, non-irritating, and suitable for your skin type.
|Whether the remover is gentle on the delicate eye area, avoiding redness, irritation, or allergic reactions.
|Ease of Use
|The convenience and simplicity of the application process, including packaging, applicators, and overall user experience.
Explanation to the Table:
- Effectiveness: This indicator focuses on how well the waterproof mascara remover performs its primary task of effectively removing waterproof mascara. A high-quality remover should efficiently dissolve and remove the mascara without requiring excessive rubbing or multiple applications.
- Ingredients: Considering the ingredients used in the mascara remover is crucial to ensure it is safe for your skin and eyes. Look for removers with gentle and non-irritating ingredients that are suitable for your skin type. It is advisable to avoid removers containing harsh chemicals or fragrances that may cause irritation or allergic reactions.
- Skin Sensitivity: A good waterproof mascara remover should be gentle on the delicate skin around the eyes. It should not cause redness, irritation, or any adverse reactions. Opt for removers specifically formulated for sensitive skin or those labeled as hypoallergenic.
- Ease of Use: This indicator assesses the convenience and user-friendliness of the mascara remover. Consider factors such as the packaging design, applicators (e.g., wand, pads), and the overall application process. Look for removers that are easy to use, mess-free, and provide a pleasant user experience.
By comparing these indicators, you can make a well-informed decision when choosing a waterproof mascara remover that best suits your needs and preferences.
How to remove waterproof makeup without a makeup remover?
The best way to remove waterproof makeup without a makeup remover is using cold cream . Take a little bit of cold cream and apply it in gentle circles on your face, then rinse with lukewarm water. This method won’t irritate the eyes or dry out the skin because there are no harsh chemicals used in cold creams. Make sure you choose a good quality one if you plan on buying some!
How to remove waterproof makeup fast?
Wet your face with warm water, this will help soften the mascara and make it easier to wipe off. Apply oil or eye-makeup remover into a cotton pad (preferably one that is round) then hold it over your eyes for about thirty seconds before wiping away! Repeat until all of the lashes are gone. This method should only take you around 30 seconds if done properly!
What’s better: using soap or cleanser when removing waterproof makeup?
Both work well at getting rid of stubborn mascaras, however, experts prefer to use cleansers because they don’t leave my skin feeling dry like soaps do sometimes. They also tend to be more gentle on sensitive skin.
What is the best makeup remover for waterproof mascara?
This question has many different answers because every person’s skin type and sensitivity to chemicals are slightly different. However, in general, people prefer oil-based cleansers over water-based ones because they don’t dry out your skin as water-based products do sometimes. You can also use coconut or olive oil which will give you similar results!
Is mascara hard to get off?
Mascara is the hardest to remove of all cosmetics, so it’s a great invention that there are special removers for this type of makeup.
Is waterproof mascara remover different from regular?
There are a couple of ways that they’re similar. The first is the ingredients, which should be gentle on the skin and able to break down oil-based products without being too harsh or drying out your lashes.
A good formula will also dissolve makeup but not irritate eyes –– even those with sensitive skin –– so you won’t have problems if water seeps into your eye while washing off the product. The second way that these two types compare is in how easily they wash away under running water; this should happen effortlessly for both kinds of products, though sometimes it’s easier to remove non-waterproof formulas by applying an oil-based cleanser before rinsing again with warm water.
The best way to remove waterproof mascara is the same as regular: with a gentle product, warm water, and circular motions.
What’s different about waterproof removers? They’re formulated to be extra-gentle on lashes because they need a little more help breaking down that stubborn makeup. It can also be helpful if you have sensitive skin or eyes, which means it won’t irritate your face when removed properly. But no matter how powerful these formulas are, don’t expect them to take off everything in one go –– especially not if you’ve got layers upon layers of waterproof mascara!
How do you get old mascara off your eyelashes?
Some people like using oil-based makeup removers whereas others prefer micellar water or micelles cleansing balms. It really depends on the type of product you are comfortable with touching your face, as well as how much time you have before going to bed!
To get rid of heavy waterproof mascaras, you should avoid rubbing your face too hard – especially around the eyes area. This could cause irritation that will not only look bad but also damage our lashes in the long run. Therefore after applying warm water and gentle pressure (with either tissue paper or cotton wool), rub gently until all traces of mascara are gone.
Why is makeup remover bad for skin and eyes?
The main ingredients of commercial makeup remover often include alcohol and petroleum. These two ingredients strip the skin of its natural oils, leaving it dry and irritated .
While these products might be good at removing makeup, they’re bad for your overall skincare routine because of how harsh they can be on sensitive skin.
One of the main reasons why it is important to use good eye makeup remover products, specifically waterproof mascara, is because they are very difficult to remove.
Does cleansing oil take off waterproof mascara?
Cleansing oils actually very effective at removing stubborn makeup (yes, even that waterproof mascara), dirt, and other skin impurities — without stripping your skin’s natural barrier (the way harsher cleansers sometimes can) .
Does olive oil remove waterproof mascara?
Some waterproof mascara types may be treated with natural oils, such as olive or coconut oil. Allow the oil to soak into your mascara for around a minute before wiping it away with a cotton swab .
Does baby shampoo remove waterproof mascara?
Baby shampoo may be a good choice  if you use it as first aid for your eyes. It is very gentle and can help treat the irritation of contact lenses or eyelash extensions. However, baby shampoo cannot remove waterproof mascara alone because it does not work well on this type of make-up product without some other additional products to do so.
Does coconut oil remove waterproof mascara?
Coconut oil can be used as a makeup remover, but it will not effectively remove waterproof mascara. It is advised to use an actual face wash or soap and water to properly cleanse the skin before applying a new coat of mascara.
Does micellar water take off waterproof makeup?
Micellar water is a clear, water-like liquid that has the same look and feels like water. It’s a liquid with micelles, tiny cleansing droplets that attract, capture, and remove dirt, oil, and makeup like a magnet. Micelles are extremely efficient at removing any residue from your face. There’s no need to rinse micellar water; all you have to do is use a cotton pad to swipe it across your skin twice or three times.
It cleans the skin well yet does not strip it of moisture. Micellar water is also unique in that it can be used on all skin types. It’s also fantastic at removing waterproof cosmetics. Within seconds, micellar water may help you from fully made up to clean and ready for bed.
Micellar water is a relatively new product to the United States, but it’s been well-liked in Europe for decades. It was originally created in Paris because the water there was extremely harsh on the skin. It’s a micellar cleansing water that’s specifically designed to remove stubborn makeup as well as clean your face .
Can you use baby wipes to remove mascara?
While baby wipes may be a simple cleanup tool for removing some dirt and grime off your face, they are ineffective against most cosmetics, including foundation, eyeliner, and water-resistant mascara. As a result, while baby wipes can remove makeup in part, they cannot entirely remove it.
What happens if you don’t remove your makeup at night?
If you don’t remove your makeup at night, it can clog up pores and cause breakouts. It may also cause problems with the skin in the long term if mascara is never removed properly. Do not forget to remove your makeup at night with a waterproof mascara remover.
How do you remove waterproof mascara from Chanel?
Waterproof mascara from Chanel becomes a challenge to remove. You can simply use an oil-based makeup remover or a cleansing balm made specifically for eye makeup. Apply the product on your lashes and leave it there for a couple of minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
If you have sensitive eyes, dilute the ingredient with some micellar water first so as not to irritate them even more due to the strong chemical ingredients that are present in most waterproof mascaras.
In addition, you should also avoid rubbing your eyes too hard because this could cause further irritation if they’re already red and swollen from wearing those heavy mascaras all day long!
Another great option is using sunscreen products such as an oil-free sunscreen or a cleansing lotion that comes with SPF. The reason why such products are great is that you don’t need to rinse them off and they also help prevent any future inflammation of the delicate skin under your eyes which could be caused by harsh cleansers. For example, if you choose to use coconut oil make sure it doesn’t contain fragrances or other ingredients that irritate your sensitive eye area!
Also, consider using gentle makeup removers designed specifically for waterproof mascaras like this one: it’s made from natural oils and washes away easily without leaving behind any residue!
What home remedy gets off waterproof mascara?
There are several home remedies to remove waterproof mascara. Some of the best include olive oil, coconut oil, baby wipes and even rubbing alcohol. All of them are readily available in most homes, so there’s no need to go out and buy special products.
What happens when you don’t remove mascara:
- If you don’t remove your mascara, the residues from it will clog pores and cause breakouts. It can also lead to permanently stained lashes if not treated immediately;
- The clogged pores can cause infections, inflammations, and other skin problems;
- If you leave it on, the mascara will rub off onto your clothes or pillowcases when sleeping at night. This means that you are transferring bacteria from your eyes to your face (and into your body) all night long! Not a good habit for people with a tendency to acne breakouts due to allergies;
What are the key features of waterproof mascara removers?
Waterproof mascara removers are specifically designed to effectively remove stubborn waterproof mascara. They usually have oil-based formulations that help break down and dissolve the waterproof formula, making it easier to remove.
Are waterproof mascara removers safe to use on sensitive skin?
Most waterproof mascara removers are formulated to be gentle on the skin, including sensitive skin. However, it’s always recommended to check the product label or consult with a dermatologist if you have specific concerns or known sensitivities.
How do waterproof mascara removers work?
Waterproof mascara removers typically contain oil-based ingredients that work by breaking down the waterproof mascara formula, allowing it to be easily wiped away. The oils in the remover help to dissolve and loosen the mascara, making it easier to remove without excessive rubbing or tugging on the lashes.
Can waterproof mascara removers be used for other types of eye makeup?
Yes, waterproof mascara removers are generally effective at removing other types of eye makeup as well, such as eyeliner and eyeshadow. Their oil-based formulations can help break down and remove stubborn or long-lasting eye makeup products.
How should waterproof mascara removers be applied?
To use a waterproof mascara remover, apply a small amount of the product to a cotton pad or a soft cloth. Gently press the pad against your closed eyelid and lashes, allowing the remover to soak into the mascara for a few seconds. Then, gently wipe away the mascara in a downward motion, taking care not to rub or pull excessively.
Do waterproof mascara removers leave any residue behind?
High-quality waterproof mascara removers are designed to leave minimal or no residue behind after use. However, it’s always a good idea to double-check by rinsing your face with water or using a gentle cleanser to ensure that any remaining traces of the mascara remover are fully removed.
Can waterproof mascara removers be used on eyelash extensions?
It’s generally recommended to avoid using oil-based waterproof mascara removers on eyelash extensions, as the oils can weaken the adhesive and cause the extensions to come loose. Instead, look for specially formulated mascara removers that are safe for use with eyelash extensions.
Are there any specific precautions to take when using waterproof mascara removers?
When using waterproof mascara removers, it’s important to avoid direct contact with the eyes. If the product accidentally gets into the eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. Additionally, if you experience any irritation or discomfort after using a waterproof mascara remover, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
Can waterproof mascara removers be used for regular mascara?
Yes, waterproof mascara removers can be used to remove regular mascara as well. Their oil-based formulations are effective at breaking down both waterproof and regular mascara formulas, making it easier to remove them.
How often should waterproof mascara removers be used?
The frequency of using waterproof mascara removers depends on individual preferences and makeup habits. However, it’s generally recommended to remove mascara, including waterproof mascara, before going to bed to prevent potential eye and lash issues.
Useful Video: 5 Best Eye Makeup Remover | Remove Waterproof Mascara & Eyeliner
A few experts have compiled the reviews of the 5 best waterproof mascaras to make it easy for you. Read this guide and find out how these products work, what their pros and cons are, as well as some useful tips about using them correctly!